Buying Followers vs Being Authentic (Should You Buy Followers)? #SocialMediaMarketing

Should You Buy, Or Not Buy Followers And Is There A Benefit? 

Today's live Youtube video was inspired, by someone who approached me via Linkedin Messenger to sell me more followers. Consequently, I also came across by Steven Bartlett, Founder of Social Chain on this similar topic.  This is not the first time, I have experienced companies or individuals trying to sell me, followers.  I have received similar messages on Instagram, which I tend to ignore. 

They usually come across as genuinely wanting to help. So much so, I have received compliments for my work, which should even be more enticing for me to buy into their offers. 

I also understand that some of these sellers are working on behalf of companies that are encouraging them to go for a hard, or soft sell. Fortunately, I have a background in Social Media Marketing, such as Paid Ads Management via Google and Social Media Platforms. I will admit, that in the beginning, I did not have too much insight into this new trend of Selling/Buying Followers culture. Nor that there was a need for people seeking instantaneous results to become influencers. I was even more surprised that people who were already influencers were also buying into this culture. I was naive in believing that most of them had organically grown their audience of followers. 

My questions for you:
1) What are your thoughts? Do you believe in buying followers/bots and comments for your posts? 
2) If you have what has been your motivation? Is it producing the results you want? 




My concluding thoughts and concerns are as follows:
1)  What message are we sending for near future generations? Could such acts potentially harm the outlook of their real world? For instance, could they start believing that in real life,  it is okay to pay for people to like them? I fear in some cases and on a lower scale level, this is already starting to transpire. 

2) What is happening in society that as a global population, we have accepted that resulting in buying Fake Followers is okay?

3) What impact does buying Followers/Bolted Comments have on the overall wellbeing of human beings as individuals; Confidence and Morale wise? What happens to the ego, when people Fake Followers disappear, or behind closed doors living with the fact that 90% of your followers could be fake. 

4) What also happens to the brands/companies that are representing people and companies with fake followers? It is the companies responsibility to do their own due diligence? Should they? Or are they do validating it is okay, just as long as real people buy their products and services? 

4) Would you rather your hard work was credited by real people who saw value in what you do overtime?  

Lastly, should we care about authenticity at all? I believe there are numerous risks to be considered both in the short and long term. This is excluding the promotion of Paid Ads if the intention is to authentically connect with real people who are looking for a solution to their problem. 

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS?



#socialmediamarketing #branding #lifestylebusiness

Comments

giftupapp